ProjectLab » Help / For Customers
on ProjectLab is your personal working space which gives you access to all the ProjectLab system features, such as posting and viewing projects, organizing biddings, sending and receiving messages, managing your personal info, portfolio and money account.
- Managing My Profile
It is recommended that you enter additional information about you or your company in "My Profile" section of My Office.
In this section you can also change the information you entered during the registration process.
You may also use the "My Portfolio" section of My Office to provide additional information about your company or the projects you have worked on before registering with ProjectLab.
You can change your ProjectLab password on the Change Password page of "My Profile" section. Enter you current password, new password, confirm new password. Press "Create new password" button. It will be sent to your e-mail.
Your information is available for viewing to registered users only. Other users will see your personal info when they find your project and click on your login name, which is displayed as a link to your profile. Registered users have access to all information except your e-mail and address.
- Managing My Portfolio
- "My Portfolio" section of My Office allows you to post information about your recent projects outside of the ProjectLab system, such as descriptions, images, files and links. Each Portfolio item may contain a link to your corporate website or to a project you have been working on, your company logo or any other image you want to upload (images are displayed as thumbnails), any files except executable files and a description.
- To add an entry to Your Portfolio, click "Add new entry". Specify the entry title, the URL of the link you want to add (optional), give a description to the entry, select a file to upload and click "Update portfolio" button.
- If you have more than one portfolio entries you can set their position in the list by clicking "move up"/"move down". You can edit or delete any of your portfolio entries at any time by clicking "edit" or "delete" below the entry.
- Managing My Account
- In "My Account" section of My Office you can add and withdraw funds from your money account at ProjectLab and view the list of all transactions you have made at ProjectLab and the amount of money on your escrow account. You can also deposit funds to the escrow account of the project to start its implementation here.
- The transactions list displays the transaction ID - the number of your transaction in the ProjectLab system, the transaction amount (if you have made a withdrawal, the transaction amount will appear negative), the date and time of the transaction and its description, which includes the type of transaction (withdrawal or deposit) and the payment system/method that was used.
You can add and withdraw funds from your account at any time. Although withdrawing funds takes some time (usually not more than 24 hours) as your withdrawal request must be approved by our administrators.
You can use the money you add to your account to pay the providers by escrowing funds before the project implementation starts and then releasing them when the project work is complete.
The escrow account is designed in a way to make the ProjectLab payment system more secure.
- This is how it works:
- You choose the provider for your project. The provider agrees to work on it. Both of you sign the contract. You discuss the details using the project message board.
- You deposit funds to your ProjectLab account if you did not do it earlier. You deposit funds to the project escrow account. You must escrow the whole project amount that you have discussed with the provider and confirmed using the "Confirm project budget" function.
- The project work starts immediately after the funds are added to the escrow account.
The provider will not receive payment for his work until you receive the results and release funds from the escrow account. This way your money is secure and you are sure to receive quality work, otherwise the provider will not get paid.
On the other hand, the provider can be sure that he will get paid if he fulfills the project in time and with appropriate quality.
- After the project is complete and you accept the provider's work you release funds by pressing "Complete Project".
- The provider receives funds to his account in the ProjectLab system and then can withdraw them using any of the payment systems/methods available.
- To deposit funds to your account:
Click the "Deposit funds" link in "My Account" section of My Office.
Select the payment method you would like to use on the next page. Enter the amount you would like to add to your account at ProjectLab and press the "Deposit funds" button.
Confirm the amount on the next screen. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the transaction.
After the transaction is complete, it will appear in the list of all transactions you have made at ProjectLab.
- To withdraw funds from your account at ProjectLab:
Click the "Withdraw funds" link in "My Account" section of My Office.
Select the payment method you would like to use on the next page. Enter the amount you would like to withdraw and press the "Withdraw funds" button. Confirm the amount on the next screen. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the transaction.
The withdrawal transaction will be completed as soon as ProjectLab administrators approve it (it usually takes not longer than 24 hours on business days).
After the transaction is complete it will be displayed in the list of all transactions you have made at ProjectLab.
- Sending and Receiving Messages
In My Office you can send and receive messages from other ProjectLab users by means of the Personal Messages system.
- Personal messages are also used by ProjectLab for sending service messages and notifications to the users.
- All messages from other users are also forwarded to your e-mail address. You can switch off this feature in "My Profile" section of My Office. In this case system service messages will stop coming to your e-mail.